Sunday, January 18, 2009

No Place Like Home

Today I didn't have a lot of time due to work.  It's the busy time in the desert (the "season") so work occupies plenty of time.  Thankfully, I live two blocks from the wilderness.  Literally.  Two blocks.  That's where I went today.  

I was going to go back to the hill behind the church and look for my keys but my neighbor is out of town so I couldn't get his metal detector and my son wanted to go along with a buddy.  I never want to discourage the little guys from hiking; I'm afraid one day they might outgrow it.

Stairway to the Wilderness

Hitting the trail

Not much of a trail here.  We'll just make our own.

Heading back home

Desert skies

Another cross on a hill.  Look close!

Here's a closer look

Any hike is a good hike when you're with your buddies.


1 comment:

Snooty Aunt Cynthia said...

Beautiful beautiful sunsets!!!! WOWWWWWWWWW!! Great photos, Hal!