Friday, January 9, 2009

Alone Again, Naturally

January 9, 2009
Day Nine

Everyday is not your birthday or Christmas and every hike is not the Grand Canyon or Yosemite.  But even as every day can have its special moments so every hike can be beneficial to the soul, the heart, the lungs and the mind.  At least a little.

I find this trail marker at the top of the La Quinta Cove and decide to follow the red arrow.  The trail directions here are not that great but at least the trails are open.
I hike up to the east of the Cove Oasis that I hiked by about a week ago.  There's not a soul in sight.
I'm not sure if this is the red or the blue trail but I think I'll follow it up a little bit to see where it goes.
It goes up a hill a bit but since I don't have time to get to the end today, I'll have to come back.  Soon!  There are a couple of trails in the area that I'm going to explore when I don't have to get home and get kids ready for school.  One of them is the Boo Hoff Trail, which I helped save from being absorbed within a country club development.  That's a story for another day, though.
I get back to my vehicle and discover the cars of several other people out enjoying a morning hike.   And the great thing is that I did not see a single one of them!  Yes, every hike is not like Grand Canyon or Yosemite.  On some hikes, there are no crowds.



No comments: