Saturday, October 24, 2009

Boo Hoff Bear Creek Loop

DAY TWO HUNDRED NINETY SEVEN

People ask me about hiking all the time and sometimes they even ask if they can come along. They don't often go beyond asking but on occasion we even make plans. Today I was expecting to get a call from a guy at work to go hiking with me down in the Mecca Hills. I'm still waiting for that call.

I waited as long as I possibly could and then headed out near home instead of driving to the Mecca Hills. It actually ended up OK because I did a very enjoyable hike that I'd never done before although I've walked past it a hundred time, at least.

I headed up to the Boo Hoff Trail but instead of continuing up the trail I turned right and headed toward Bear Creek Canyon.

I should have taken one of two trails that left the canyon I was in before I hit the Boo Hoff Trail but this is my first time. I'll know better next time.

This is looking back toward the Boo Hoff Trail. You want to head to the right well before that dark brown outcropping.

There is actually a trail that encircles the mountain that separates the Bear Creek Wash and the Boo Hoff Wash. It's faint and no one's been on it for a while but it's there.

I'm very excited when I get to the point where I can see the Cove in La Quinta. I feel like I've discovered yet another new hike in my own backyard.

From the trail you can look right into Bear Creek.

Now that I've hiked around this little mountain I think the only thing left to do is climb it.

Just not today; I want to do that when I haven't spent my best daylight hours waiting around on some flake who never calls.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Grеаt poѕt. I was cheсking constаntly this blog and I'm impressed! Very helpful info specifically the last part :) I care for such information a lot. I was looking for this particular information for a very long time. Thank you and good luck.
Here is my weblog : quick loans