Monday, August 17, 2009

Family Fun in Tahoe

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND TWENTY NINE

The family vacation continues at Lake Tahoe. After the drive up from Yosemite, getting checked into the wonderful Grand Residence, changing rooms to satisfy the boys need for a balcony so they can people watch and eating something my time was VERY limited as far as hiking was concerned. I decided to go and do what is probably the most popular trail in Tahoe, the trail to Eagle Falls and Eagle Lake. The wife told Nikolas that I was hiking to a lake and he decided to come along.

We got to the trailhead and Nik asked where we were going. I told him we were going to Eagle Lake and he said he thought we were going to THE lake, Lake Tahoe. Not good. But if I've learned anything this year it's to be flexible. I have no problem changing plans at the last minute. It won't be the first time.

Instead of my original plan we are going down here.

We leave the car where it is and just walk over the the Vikingsholm trailhead.

Besides, I have a pass for parking at the Forest trailhead but here it'd have to pay. For $7 I'm walking.

Steep trail ahead? Oh boy, I'm scared. Actually, the trail is easy.

The hike down to the lake is great because everyone has gone for the day.

This is where I'd like to live. If they're ever looking for a caretaker, I'm applying.

It's probably a good thing that I did a nice, easy hike today because in the morning I've got a good, tough hike planned for early morning.

No comments: