Friday, December 25, 2009

Home For The Holidays

DAY THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY NINE

I understand the importance of Christmas in building family traditions so I decided to forgo a hike today and just hang out with the family.

Just kidding.

I didn't get this far to quit now even though it was tempting. My father in law came down from his home in Mountain Center to hang out and help my wife in the kitchen. He was a restaurant owner his whole life and so we were very grateful for his help with the Christmas feast. Here he is with my son, Nikolas.

I needed to burn off a few calories from last night's prime rib and all the cookies around the house so I decided to do the hike over near my house, in what I call the Yucatan Fan. That way I could get my hike in and not be away from the family for too long.

I asked the family if anyone wanted to go out with me on my hike but no one said yes except Kahlua. She's just a girl who can't say no.

I'm getting thirsty so it's time to head home and give Kahlua her Christmas present.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: