Saturday, March 7, 2009

Walking on the Moon

DAY SIXTY FIVE
I just got back from a trip to the moon. I'm really surprised by how much is growing there and by how nice the weather is. It's nothing like I expected at all.


Would-be lunar explorers need to go to the 1000 Palms Oasis. This is the largest contingent of potential astronauts I have seen here. Judging by license plates, we have visitors from eight different states here.

Directions on the moon leave a bit to be desired. Should I go right or left?

This is a little better.

I get to a point where the wash goes into this smaller wash and wonder if this is the way.

I get to where I can look over some interesting mud cliffs and Sky Valley in the background. Sky Valley? That's not the moon, that's Mars.

I head back and decide to go up this lunar canyon.

It's amazing how things can grow on vertical cliffs in a low gravity environment.

The lunar landscape

I spot this Moon Bug. Weird.

The moon canyon continues but I'm due back on planet Earth.

Hopefully, I can get back to the moon again soon because it looks like there is a lot to explore. And maybe next time I'll bring a few space cadets with me.

No comments: