Thursday, March 12, 2009

Life Is But A Dream

DAY SEVENTY ONE
This morning my alarm went off at 6:45; I got up at 8. My plan was to hike up the Boo Hoff Trail to its high point and come home before going to work. This was not the first time I'd planned this and I'm sure it won't be the last. One day I'll actually complete my goal.

The trail markings here in La Quinta got a little better since my last time up here. Now the orange trail is called the Cove to Lake Trail. That's not really the name of the trail but it's a start.

I guess the Boo Hoff Trail is still the old tire trail.

I've seen several Jack Rabbits on my hikes but this is the first one that's posed for me. They are usually too fast to get a good shot of.

The official start of the Boo Hoff Trail.

There are still plenty of flowers along the trail but if it doesn't rain again soon who knows how long they are going to last.

But at least we'll always have cactus to enjoy.

Anyone know what this plant is? It is the first one I've seen this year and it's not in my flower book. I guess it's time for a new flower book.

I get to a point in the trail where I have to turn around. I am about fifteen minutes from getting to the high point but I left those minutes back home in bed. As I'm making my way back to the car I'm listening to Working On A Dream from the new Springsteen album.

I'm working on a dream
But sometimes it feels so far away
I'm working on a dream
And how it will be mine someday.

Next time I'll get there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

your plant is wishbone bush, Mirabilis bigelovii

Hal Summers said...

Thank you, Anonymous!