Thursday, May 28, 2009

On A Hunt For Nothing

DAY ONE HUNDRED AND FORTY EIGHT

At the beginning of the year I went for a hike just south of the Tradition Golf Club in La Quinta. This morning I went back to see what else I might find. And what did I find? Unfortunately, not much.

Behind the Tradition is an alluvial fan lying beneath Coral Reef Mountain.

There are some trail or boundary markers built by the Indians that have been undisturbed and remain intact. If you look at this picture there are three. The rock pile in the foreground, one on the left about halfway up and one a little higher than the middle of the picture.

Looking up the hill, I think I might see a possible hunting blind or rock wall.

But when I climb up there all I find is a view.

I could hike up to this little pass but it is starting to get hot and I've got to get back to work. I'll save this trip for fall.

There is a hunting blind here. I saw this in January but I'd hoped that maybe I'd find something else this time. I never know what I'm going to find, if anything, so sometimes it just turns out that I'm out hunting for something that doesn't exist.

There is a little trail that leads down the hill and I'd like to follow it to see where it leads.

There's another trail marker but the trail disappears under the swath of homes and fairways as the past has been swallowed up by the present.

1 comment:

darlene said...

i've not been here in a couple days. its good to be back! the ferranti brothers won't be able to hold a candle to you by the time your done with this adventure!! keep up the good work, hal. from darlene