Friday, July 31, 2009

Just Another Dog Day

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND TWELVE

When I get ready to go hiking Kahlua gets so excited because she always thinks she's going. Unfortunately, that is not always the case and she gets so depressed when I leave home without her.

This is the look I got yesterday when I left to go to Mount San Gorgonio.

So today I had no choice but to head to the Kahlua Trail.

My plan to create a trail by just walking is not coming together quite yet and I may have to resort to real trail building tools, like shovels and picks. One reason is that Kahlua can never follow the same path twice in a row. She likes to wander.

She also likes to sniff around and chase lizards, birds and bugs.

Instead of going across the hillside we head down a wash. I'll have to remember this way when I bring some of the kids because they love climbing down the boulders in the wash.

It looks like someone likes it so much they were camping here.

Looks like they probably left for the summer but no doubt those snowbirds will be back.

I sure hope Kahlua doesn't get too bored going to the same place all the time. It's going to take a bit of work before there's an actual trail here and there aren't a lot of places to go in the morning that offer the shade needed to hike in the desert summer. Hope that I hit the Lotto so we can get a cabin in the mountains for summer.

No comments: