Wednesday, July 22, 2009

High Times

DAY TWO HUNDRED AND THREE

This morning I got up at 6 a.m. and was planning on going on a nice hot morning hike and then going back to bed for a while. I told my wife my plan and mentioned that what I'd really like to do is go to the Tram but the boys didn't want to. She said she had traded her days off and was off so I went back to bed and then was on the first Tram up this morning. It didn't give me a lot of time up there but what I did have was wonderful.

67ยบ at the top. My house is warmer than that with the A/C going all day.

They are doing some work on the path at the Tram so be aware of the construction when you go up there.

I head up the Sid Davis Canyon and go cross country toward Round Valley.

It's fairly dry up there but there are still a few flowers blooming.

They won't last long though.

These Corn Lilies might last for a while but that's about all.

I get over to the cabin near Round Valley and relax for a minute and enjoy the cool mountain air. I've got thirty five minutes to make it back to the Tram so I run back.

Not a problem, though. I make it there in twenty. I enjoy my last minutes breathing in the cool mountain air because tomorrow it's back in the heat.

No comments: