Sunday, January 10, 2010

Favorite Pictures of Sunrises and Sunsets

Having to work for a living often required that I hiked at the beginning of the day or the end. The advantage of this was that I saw more sunsets than at any other time in my life. I probably also saw more sunrises, too, but I don't consider this to be an advantage. I really would have rather been sleeping.

CLICK ON ANY PICTURE TO SEE FULL RESOLUTION

Nikolas sitting on rocks above La Quinta
Clouds above San Jacinto
The sun has already gone down above Pushawalla Canyon
Aerial cotton candy above the Art Smith Trail
A cloud halo above Mount San Jacinto
Clouds hover over the Desert Divide
This is one of my favorite shots and I had it as my desktop on my computer for weeks.
More clouds and sun and mountains
The temperature was as warm as this looks.
Getting ready to head home just before dark.
One thing that surprised me was how many clouds we actually have in the desert.
Not really a sunset but the glow from one.
Sunrise over Lake Tahoe and Fallen Leaf Lake
Mount San Gorgonio. It was over 100 degrees when I took this one.
Sunset Palm
Halo around the sun
Clouds over La Quinta
Not a great picture but a great start. This was the sunrise of the first day.
Sunset at Joshua Tree National Park.

Sunset over the San Joaquin Valley

The last sunrise I saw this year just may be the last sunrise I see in years. I have no idea the next time I'll have to wake up that early but hopefully it'll be no time soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I've started hiking around Japan some, and I came across your site while looking for hiking information. Your photos are wonderful. Especially the "ghost" photo in the rocky kitchen area. Thanks so much!