Sunday, February 8, 2009

Going to Church

Day Thirty Nine

My wife packed the kids up in the minivan and headed off to church this morning.  I also went to church, just in a different location.  Nothing gets me feeling closer to my Maker than a hike in His Creation.

I noticed this cross upon a local hill on a couple of my other hikes and decide I'll hike up to it. My guess is it is about 800 ft. of elevation gain so it will fit perfectly into my schedule.
You know, I think one more sign will fit on this pole but do you think there are any more rules they could possibly add?

Here's the hill I'm going to climb with the cross on it.  That looks like 800 feet, doesn't it?

A steep and rocky, calf burning ravine.

It looks like a raven has found a nice perch.  It's a good thing I don't believe in omens.

Getting close!

I feel like singing!  Hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hallelujah, hal-le-lu-jah!  I was a bit off on the elevation.  My GPS says it was just under 700 feet of elevation gain although my calves might beg to differ.  It's taken me about 30 minutes.

There sure is a great view from up here.

Someone has made a camp up here.  Next time I come maybe I'll bring some Matchlight® and a couple of T-Bones.  

I hate coming down this stuff.  I'll definitely be praying the whole way down.

My wife told me I missed a lovely service at church today but I assured her I didn't.  Church was great today.

Oh, and on the way home I spied this little trail heading up into the mountains.  I wonder where that goes?

No comments: