Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Counting Down

I've had a few people ask me why I haven't been hiking lately.  I'm resting up.  I figure if I am going to be hiking every single day for an entire year then I can take a week off.

The kids have been out of school so I took a week off work.  I painted the house and have played a lot of football.  My shoulder is sore; being QB all the time is rough on a guy.  It hasn't been much of a vacation for me but I've been preparing my mind.  

Woody Allen said that eighty percent of success is just showing up but in this case it's 100 percent.  If I miss a day, the challenge is over.   It's stressing me out.  

I'm going to have to plan my vacations and weekends around this endeavor.  I'm going to have to excuse myself from family gatherings, I'm going to have to take time out after work, or before.  I'm going to have to figure out where to hike every day so I don't get bored.

If you have a favorite hike in the Southern California area, send me a email.  I'm sure I'll be looking for new places.  

There have been a lot of people who, I'm sure, have hiked every day for a year.  However, most of them are either retired, outdoor professionals or hobos.  Being none of those I'm not sure if I can do it but it'll be fun to try.  

I've got one non-hiking day left to go and then the fun begins!

No comments: